Perry Reid Construction LLC is looking for a full-time Construction Laborer to work on retail/office, commercial, and renovation projects. Perry Reid Construction, LLC in partnership with Perry Reid Properties, LLC has more than 16 years of operating experience while Vice President Ben Velinsky and his curated team have over 85 years of combined experience in the construction industry.
Assist the PM, and Superintendents in enforcing and adhering to Company Environmental Health & Safety and risk management policies and procedures on a construction project. Identify, eliminate, and control hazardous conditions on a project that may lead to injury and/or property damage using job specific safety standards, best management practices, and the Building L.I.F.E. program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
Assist with the following:
• Educate project staff and Perry Reid Construction personnel on EH&S programs, policies and procedures and provide training on safe work practices.
• Review subcontractor safety programs for completeness and compliance with PRC’s policies and regulation
• Promote safe work practices and safe working conditions in accordance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations, and Owner/contractual requirements.
• Administer drug screening program (pre-employment, post-accident, random, and cause
• Coordinate preconstruction meetings with Superintendent.
• Ensure that subcontractors are conducting the proper training as per OSHA standards.
• Conduct effective worker orientation program for every new employee and administer and record their participation.
• Gather pre-task plans and Job Hazard Analyses for all project contractors based on contractual requirements.
• Conduct safety meetings and issue minutes of meetings as directed by the Superintendent.
• Maintain a log of each subcontractor’s toolbox safety meetings held with their employees.
• Provide safety reports as required.
• Conduct safety audits and recommend corrective action per Company policy and work with Superintendent and VP to issue reports of any violations or unsafe practices to subcontractors for immediate resolution.
• Qualifications: Four year degree in Occupational Safety and Health, engineering or equivalent is preferred with at least one year of safety experience or combination of education/multiple years of experience in building construction, and a working knowledge of safety/environmental principles and techniques. Ability to identify known potential exposures and recommend corrective actions. Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite program. Demonstrates fundamental management, leadership, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills with the ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weight.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
o May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, 401k, PTO, Holidays) available upon eligibility.
Perry Reid Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.