Perry Reid Construction LLC is looking for a full-time estimator to work on retail/office, commercial, and renovation projects. Perry Reid Construction, LLC in partnership with Perry Reid Properties, LLC has more than 16 years of operating experience while Vice President Ben Velinsky and his curated team have over 85 years of combined experience in the construction industry.
Join us Today! A career with Perry Reid Construction offers you the opportunity for professional growth in a fun, family-oriented work environment.
This position is responsible for the daily management, coordination and completion of specific tasks associated with the preconstruction phase of projects. Excellence in this role is characterized by providing an exceptional experience for our clients while balancing the quality, constructability, scheduling, and budget objectives of the Project Team.
• Prepare detailed budgets and estimates at all stages of design for negotiated and competitively bid projects.
• Prepare bid packages, receive bids from subcontractors and vendors, and conduct thorough analysis.
• Develop conceptual cost estimates for projects in planning and then refine as design progresses.
• Document design and cost changes throughout the preconstruction process.
• Understand and manage the takeoff and pricing strategies and procedures for all subcontractor trades.
• Identify and analyze value engineering opportunities.
• Capture and organize data and develop working knowledge of unit costs, production rates and total building square foot costs.
• Develop and maintain preconstruction process schedules to communicate timelines, milestones and effects on the construction schedule.
• Prepare professional owner proposals and narratives.
• Visit projects during construction to review actual performance and compare to assumptions made in the preconstruction process to enhance future estimate preparation.
• Promote the growth and development of client, designer and subcontractor relationships.
Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of two years of estimating experience for a commercial general contractor or multiple subcontractor trades.
• Preferred college degree in a construction related curriculum.
• Good working knowledge of building design, procurement and construction processes.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
• Proficiency using Sage Timberline Estimating software.
Benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, 401k, PTO, Holidays) available upon eligibility.
Perry Reid Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.