Perry Reid Construction LLC is looking for a full-time Project Engineer to work on retail/office, commercial, and renovation projects. Perry Reid Construction, LLC in partnership with Perry Reid Properties, LLC has more than 16 years of operating experience while Vice President Ben Velinsky and his curated team have over 85 years of combined experience in the construction industry.
This position is responsible for assisting the Project Manager and Superintendent in all aspects of the day-to-day management, supervision and coordination of a construction project. This position will participate in all activities required to source, pursue and build a project including cost estimation, contract administration, schedule management and risk-quality management.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Reads, understands and interprets architectural drawings and specifications related to construction project.
• Coordinates development and processing of project documents (RFI’s, submittals, drawings, change orders, ASIs, addendums, etc.…), and monitors timely turn-around on these same items.
• Uses Total Station equipment for survey control and layout.
• Produces material takeoffs.
• Provides proper document management for all materials related to project meetings, submittals, RFIs, change orders, etc.
• Assists Project Manager and Superintendent on monitoring and updating construction schedules.
• Conducts regular and frequent jobsite visits.
• Assembles O&M manuals.
• Assists leadership in performing job hazard analyses, promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
• Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Knowledge of principles/practices, materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
• Knowledge of construction/building design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
• Basic ability to use and understand CAD and detailing.
• Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedules
• Ability to perform basic plan reading and use of mathematics for basic layout and measuring
• Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Ability to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
• Skills in developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work
• Skills in inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
• Effective written and oral communication skills to build and maintain relationships with clients and other stakeholders.
• Organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
• Computer proficiency using MS Office suite and CPM scheduling software.
• Building Information Modeling (BIM) experience is a plus.
• Skills in manual dexterity, including to quickly move hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
• Ability to walk the job site, climb ladders and scaffolding, lift loads up to 50 lbs. occasionally
• Ability to travel to assigned jobsite as required
• Minimum of at least 2 years of experience as a project engineer in commercial construction required
Education & Training:*
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field required
Benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, 401k, PTO, Holidays) available upon eligibility.
Perry Reid Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.