Perry Reid Construction LLC is looking for a full-time Construction Laborer to work on retail/office, commercial, and renovation projects. Perry Reid Construction, LLC in partnership with Perry Reid Properties, LLC has more than 16 years of operating experience while Vice President Ben Velinsky and his curated team have over 85 years of combined experience in the construction industry.
This position is responsible for performing tasks involving physical labor at commercial construction projects.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in heavy construction projects including placing concrete, measuring distances, bolting and nailing, applying caulking compounds and grinding, sanding and polishing.
• Loads, unloads and distributes building materials, excavates ditches and footings, erects and disassembles scaffolding, and prepares forms.
• Demolishes concrete with jackhammer, demolishes framing with saws and wrecking bars and removes from jobsite.
• Lifts and moves materials to and from jobsite and positions at correct locations.
• Backfills, compacts and levels earth to proper grade with hand and power tools.
• Builds and positions forms for placing concrete and dismantles forms after use using saws, hammers, nails or bolts.
• Maintains a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment, clean up rubble and debris and remove waste materials, and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
• Operates a variety of electric and pneumatic hand tools
• Assists other craft workers
• Conforms with all safety rules and uses all appropriate safety equipment
• Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed bringing problems to the attention of the Superintendent
• Conforms with and abides by all company regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
• Performs other duties as required and assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Basic knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings
• Basic knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
• Ability to understand, follow and transmit verbal instructions in English
• Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Ability to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
• Skills in manual dexterity, including to quickly move hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
• Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely
• Ability to hear warning horns and backup warnings
• Attention to detail skills and thorough in completing work tasks
• Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
• Ability to use hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things
• Ability to lift 35-40 pounds consistently and 70 pounds occasionally with assistance; proper lifting techniques required
• Ability to stand for long periods of time - approximately 95-100% of time on the job is spent standing up
• Ability to travel to and from job site as required
Experience and Education:*
• Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
• Experience in the construction industry preferred
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
Benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, 401k, PTO, Holidays) available upon eligibility.
Perry Reid Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.