Perry Reid Construction LLC is looking for a full-time Construction Intern to work on retail/office, commercial, and renovation projects. Perry Reid Construction, LLC in partnership with Perry Reid Properties, LLC has more than 16 years of operating experience while Vice President Ben Velinsky and his curated team have over 85 years of combined experience in the construction industry.
Primary Purpose Of Position
Assist in construction related activities within the Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska. This position is a short duration hire usually not to exceed three (3) months of concurrent employment.
• General assignments may include, but are not limited to:
• Reviewing scheduled work for compliance with established schedules.
• Monitoring contractual work for efficiency, completeness, cost and service including but not limited to all tenant improvement, capital improvement and retail improvement work.
• Completing special projects of an administrative nature as assigned.
• Respond to requests regarding special services; communicate with management staff and follow-up to ensure task completion.
• Assist in the archiving of CAD & PDF drawings and hard copy drawings.
• Assist in the estimating of Tenant Improvement projects.
• Attend management meetings as requested.
• Organize and present data/information utilizing PowerPoint, Excel, Bluebeam and/or MS Word software.
• Build relationships with PRC staff, consultants, vendors, and the community.
• Expand knowledge on external market influences that affect organizational philosophies and performance.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications
• Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree Program in Real Estate, Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management or related field with a GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred.
• Completion of sophomore year required.
• Prior work experience with a general contractor preferred.
• Highly dependable self-starter with superior verbal and written skills.
• Good computer skills; word processing, spreadsheet and database software; Microsoft Office suite.
• Ability to interact with co-workers, contractors and vendors in an articulate, pleasant, courteous and business-like manner at all times providing the best representation of Perry Reid Properties possible.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational and coordination skills with the ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Ability to work independently.
• Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as operation of a computer.
• Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as operation of a fax and printer.
• Involves movement between departments to facilitate work.
• Involves movement such as tours throughout property portfolio usually performed by extensive walking and by climbing stairs.
• Must be able to traverse multiple projects on a daily basis.