Perry Reid Construction LLC has multiple opportunities for full-time carpenters to work on retail/office, commercial, and renovation projects. Perry Reid Construction, LLC in partnership with Perry Reid Properties, LLC has more than 16 years of operating experience while Vice President Ben Velinsky and his curated team have over 85 years of combined experience in the construction industry.
Join us Today! A career with Perry Reid Construction offers you the opportunity for professional growth in a fun, family-oriented work environment.
This position is responsible for building forms for small walls/structures, framing walls, installing doors, hardware, accessories and specialty items/fixtures.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe and clean environment.
• Studies specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
• Measures and marks cutting lines on materials, using a ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
• Shapes or cuts materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
• Installs structures or fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, trim, or hardware, using carpenters' hand or power tools.
• Applies decorative or textured finishes or coverings.
• Prepare hazardous waste for processing or disposal.
• Builds scaffolding, platforms and railings, as well as temporary walls
• Performs other duties as required and assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings.
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
• Knowledge of construction/building design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
• Ability to perform basic plan reading and use of mathematics for basic layout and measuring
• Ability to identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
• Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and verbal instructions in English
• Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Skills in manual dexterity, including to quickly move hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
• Skills in inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
• Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
• Ability to use hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things
• Skills in developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work
• Ability to lift 35-50 pounds consistently and 70 pounds occasionally with assistance; proper lifting techniques required.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time. Approximately 95-100% of time on the job is spent standing up.
• Ability to travel to job site as required
• Minimum of 2+ years of rough or finish carpenter experience required
Education & Training:*
• Minimum of High School Deploma or equivalent required
• Commercial and Residential construction experience desired
• Valid Driver’s License
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 50 pounds.
Benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, 401k, PTO, Holidays) available upon eligibility.
Perry Reid Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.